Surfrider Foundation’s Eastern Long Island chapter is joining the worldwide movement to get rid of plastic straws. At one beach cleanup in Greenport, the Eastern Long Island Chapter removed 922 straws from the beach. The goal of this program is to reduce the number of plastic straws used in restaurants in Eastern Long Island.
PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS WILL PLEDGE TO:
1. Go completely Strawless or
2. Provide biodegradable (paper, bamboo) straws only upon request or
3. Provide reusable alternatives to plastic (stainless steel)
Is your restaurant ready? Make the Pledge Here.
HERE’S THE SURFRIDER PLAN:
1. Take this Survey. This survey will help us collect information about the use of plastic straws with the ultimate goal of making alternatives more approachable for restaurant owners. Please help the chapter out by filling out this quick survey! We respect your Privacy. Answers given will not be shared.
2. Sign this Petition asking East End restaurant supplier to provide alternatives to plastic straws.
3. Make the Pledge Here if your restaurant is ready to commit.
Consumers:You can help us with our program as you go throughout your day- to- day life.. Ask yourself if you really need a straw, and start to notice how often you automatically get a straw. Remind your server, “No straw, Please!”
Volunteer by helping us approach restaurants and gather information. Ask the manager or owner to take our survey (PDF Version / Online Version), and help us figure out what it would take for them to go strawless.
Comments are closed.